Monday 5 January 2015

Massive Catch Up Post!

Hi Lovelies!
 
 First of all, before I get started, as this post is a bit of an essay...HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and a fab new year. Mine involved lots and lots of eating/drinking/relaxing with loved ones, and in my opinion, what more could you ask for?!

Anyway, yet again it's been such a long time since i've blogged. I've had serious withdrawals let me tell you. Because it's not because I couldn't be bothered or lost interest. I literally have not had the time to give it my all and never want to put rubbish content on here. But I'm going to try and prioritise my time better to cram everything in. 

A few of the reasons my time has been so taken up the last few months is because, as well as working full time, I started my CIPD course which is a Human Resource qualification, my dream career. I'm doing a home study course as the thought of sitting in a classroom for three hours after work is like torture for me! At least this way I can work at my own pace and in the comfort of my own home. The only downside to this is that it's so hard to motivate yourself to do the assignments and you have to set your own deadlines, and there are so many distractions at home! I'm due to finish in March so that should free up a fair bit of time for me, I can't wait! My evenings after work have been taken up by studying til my eyes are burning from tiredness. Then on the weekends trying to maintain a social life and see friends, family, and my boyfriend, but also cramming in some me time so that I don't combust! Luckily I had a full two weeks off over Christmas and New Year so I got lots done and feel very re-charged. 

Another reason I have been off the radar in the blogging world is that two of my very good friends got married! It's been such an exciting time for our group and I couldn't be happier for them. One of my friends (Aarthie) I have known since primary school and I was lucky enough to be bridesmaid. It was an Indian wedding so there was lots of events before the actual wedding. She had two hen parties, one we went for a long weekend to Barcelona and then a London hen do. Then we threw her a bridal shower, and then the groom's family organised a Mehndi night for her. Which is basically a party to celebrate the upcoming wedding with food, drinks, dancing, and entertainment, and everybody gets henna on their hands. The wedding was absolutely amazing and she looked stunning.The Saree's and outfits were all so beautiful, such a colourful wedding! Planning the hen's and shower with the other bridesmaids was alot of fun but super stressful and took up alot of time! Then my other friend (Amy) got engaged and had her wedding a few weeks ago which was beautiful. She organised the entire wedding in under 6 months, I'm pretty sure she deserves some sort of record! We went on a Hen do to Centreparcs which is Amy all over! She's a country girl at heart and loves outdoor activities so we thought that would be perfect for her. 

By the time all these festivities were finished there were a few birthdays and then it was time to start thinking about Christmas! So it's safe to say you can see why my blog has been neglected for a while! I thought I would make a collage of pics from my summer and winter and from the weddings/hen do's so you can see what i've been up to :) 





1 comment: